Recognized success in the areas of writing, creating, and implementing projects, programs and materials.
Overview of Accomplishments
- Authored, reported, tracked, and implemented numerous successful grants for schools, non-profit agencies, municipalities such as fire departments, along with faith-based entities from $500.00 to $1.8 million.
- Gained funding from foundations, educational, retail, gaming, and government funds both state and federal.
- Created numerous promotional programs for profit and non-profit groups, as well as public speaking engagements - samples include: National Careers Conference, University of Madison, The Teen Employment Center, School-to-Work, Community and Faith-based Programs.
- Authored career development materials - resumes, letters, and comprehensive teaching materials.
- Authored a "How To" course on Grant Writing for the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Authored a program on Employer Engagement, Teen Employment Center, a Teacher's Guide to STW and more used by University of Wisconsin, National Career Conferences, School Districts, Iowa AEA and Dept. of Ed.
- Accomplished writer: published in many Iowa newspapers, University Newsletters, State and Business Papers.
- Organized and implemented a comprehensive program to track healthcare for dependent adults that could be accessed and updated easily.
- Established a career development firm from a small resume business, initiated and managed a student run Teen Employment Center, and worked as School to Work Director.
- Recognized leader in producing marketing, word processing, desktop publishing, secretarial documents.
- Educated, certified, and trained teacher and instructor of personal, safety, writing, and business programs.
- MA in Professional Writing, New England College - In Progress
- BA in Journalism & Mass Communications, Ashford University - Summa Cum Laude
- Career Development Facilitator, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Professional Resume Writer, PRW, Certification, Professional Association of Resume Writers
- Grant Writing for Education, Ron Mirr Professional Grant Writing Institute
- Governance and Leadership, HR Management-Diversity Issues, Iowa State University Extension
- Certified Crisis Prevention Intervention Instructor, International Association of Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- Paralegal Certification Studies, Concordia College
- Undergraduate Studies in English & Equestrian Science, William Woods College
- State Apprenticeship, STW, 21st Century Governor's Council, Business, Government, Schools - Seminars